Doing transcendental meditation is something that means that you take about a half an hour, and you silently repeat positive mantras. You do this in a place that is quiet without music or being distracted. You need to make sure nothing in the room is causing you to be distracted such as making sure your phone is off and that you are not going to be bothered by people in your house. You can light candles or burn incense while you are meditating so that your area is comfortable.
Here are some steps that you should follow:
- Find a place to sit that is comfortable.
- Keep your eyes closed while you deep breath and relax.
- Repeat the positive mantras in your mind, these can be sounds or words.
- Say the mantra with complete focus and make sure that you can feel it inside of you.
- Once the session is done, open your eyes and sit until you are ready to go.
It is important that you take time to meditate each day. If you feel stressed or anxious though, you can do this more than once a day.
What is Transcendental Meditation?
This kind of meditation is one that comes from Egypt and China. This is something that is used in Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, and other cultures. There are many benefits of meditation, and this is a way that you can do self-care in your life.
This is a very common kind of meditation, and it is used while using mantras. This can be words, images that come to your mind or whatever it takes to stay calm and to concentrate where you can be still and quiet.
Benefits of Meditation
People live busy lives and many of them have stress that causes them to have other medical conditions. You can use meditation to keep calm and it can help to improve your overall health of your mind and your body.
There are different kinds of meditation and all of them have benefits such as:
- Lowering stress and anxiety.
- Helps to focus.
- Increases memory functions.
- Improves sleeping.
- Helps you to be more productive.
- Helps with pain management.
- Improves you self-esteem.
- Helps you to be more aware of your life.
- Decreases the chances of you getting some types of diseases.
- Helps to get rid of other health problems that you might suffer with.
- Improves your mental health.
- Improve your emotional health.
- Improves your physical health.